Since I’m out of Hyaluronic Acid, I had to come up with a new idea for a cream for my boyfriend and his dry cracked fingers. I found a basic formula for barrier cream and adjusted it a little. It’s a pretty straightforward formula that both moisturizing the skin (aloe vera, glycerin, water) and prevents loss of water (macadamia oil, squalane, shea butter, candelilla wax).
Trial & Error
It it a very basic formula with materials that I’ve used often in the past so no much surprises. It just works well! An easy win.
Makes 100g cream
|Phase A: Water||Distilled Water||60.2||60.2|
|Aloe Vera Gel||4||4|
|olivem 1000 (Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate )||3||3|
|Phase B: oils and butters||Sqalane||5||5|
|gmcy (Glyceryl Caprylate)||0.3||0.3|
|Phase C: cooling down||vitamin E||0.5||0.5|
|eco 1388 (Glycerin; Aqua; Sodium Levulinate; Sodium Anisate)||3||3|
|EO tea tree||0.5||0.5|
- Mix and heat the water phase ingredients, until 70ºC.
- Mix and heat the oil phase ingredients, until everything has melted completely (candelilla wax melts last, at around 65ºC).
- Remove from heat and pour the oil mix to the water mix. Using a hand blender mix it for a few minutes.
- Add materials of phase c and continue mixing until combined.
- Place the mix bowl in a cold bath (optional) and continue slow stirring using spatula. The mixture will start thickening slowly.
- Continue slow stirring the mix, and transfer to the jar/box when it’s pretty much in room temperature.